Learn to Forecast and Chase Tornadoes
Tornado Alley Chasing is an opportunity for storm chasers and weather enthusiasts that want to learn how to chase severe weather. My name is David Williams, and my mission is to give people from around the world a partner in storm chasing. I will teach you how to forecast and chase severe storms and tornadoes throughout the U.S. and Canada. For those established chasers that live overseas, I welcome you to join me as a storm chasing partner. Tornado Alley has some of the wildest and most photogenic weather on Earth. I want to meet and build relationships with storm chasers, and I want to do that by partnering with small, enthusiastic groups. If you have no storm chasing or forecasting experience, but you want to learn, then I can teach you. I love chasing severe weather, and I want those that share my passion to have an opportunity to pursue it.
The Benefits of Chasing with Me
When comparing storm chasing businesses, I offer a superior chase experience to the competition. Based on what my chase partners have to say, the following are some of the top reasons why you should chase with me (see Chaser Testimonials for their in-depth feedback):
- Most competitive price - In comparison to all other storm chasing tour companies, I'm the most reasonable. $2000 for 10 days is unheard of!
- Small groups - I carry a maximum of 4 chasers in my vehicle (including me)
- I screen all potential chasers - That's right! I have a Zoom conversation with every person that joins me in order to make sure they are a good fit
- You get a bed to yourself - Surprised to hear that? Well you shouldn't be. Most storm chasing tour companies require guests to share beds. That's 4 people per room. Not with me. You will share a room with one other chaser and get a queen bed to yourself.
- Direct instruction in a small-group setting - I teach the chasers that come with me how to forecast and chase. We discuss meteorology principles, forecasting techniques, and all the models and data that are used for tracking and finding severe weather and tornadoes. You will not receive the same level of one-on-one instruction that you will with me.
- Active participation - You are a storm chaser when you join me. This is not a tour. You will be an active participant in the chase.